Money Saving Tip

More Personal Finance Tips at SavingAdvice.com

Friday, January 15, 2010

Make Lots of Extra Money with Focus Groups

Welcome

I'm going to start off my initial post with something I've told many people about at one point or another. It's an extremely easy way to earn some extra cash. Some companies pay you cash, some pay you check, but nevertheless money is money.

Heres a small list of some groups I have been in and the money I received.

Played Xbox Unreleased Game 2hrs: $210

Sampled Unreleased Vodka 75minutes: $75

Talked about 401k's 2hrs: $110

To get started is simple, I'll provide a list of links at the end of this post. Just go to each site and enter your information. It won't be sold to telemarketers or third parties or anything of the sort, and it may take about 5 minutes of your time, but I assure you it IS worth it. Many of you have asked me for these links before and have never followed through for one reason or another (you know who you are). Again, trust me, you can thank me once that first check is in your hand after sampling vodka, playing video games for an hour, or talking about beer. I know, I know, I can't believe they pay you to do this stuff either. I can't possibly make this any easier for everyone so I hope you sign up. Though i realize I am creating compettition for myself here, but I digress, I'm here to help....

There are a few things to remember here:

1. First and foremost: They call you and/or email you surveys which you MUST reply too or call them back in order to qualify.

2. This is obvious but if you don't give them the answers they are looking for you won't qualify. There's a science to telling them what they want to hear, which I have acquired over time, but I'll save that for a later post.

3. Once selected (in some cases you have to call them the day before or day of to confirm) you MUST show up on time NO EXCEPTIONS. In fact they ask that you show up 15 minutes early but as long as you get there BEFORE the start time your ok. If your late, your out of luck.

Side note here: Every place I have done one for in Boston, reimburses you for parking too. (In case you were looking for an excuse not to do it)

4. There's two potentials for Bonus money here as well.

One is if you show up early, some companies enter you into a drawing to receive extra money at the end of the focus group.

The other is they ALWAYS take more than they need, for example if a company only needs 10 participants they will call.... say 12 people. If all 12 show up, 2 people get sent home with a paycheck for doing NOTHING, let me rephrase that in case your still unsure about signing up.

YOU COULD POTENTIALLY GET PAID TO JUST SHOW UP AND PICKUP A CHECK!! (Really people, how much easier can it be)

Granted that maybe a rare occurance, but, if, say, all 12 people show up, well then your odds of taking home a check without doing anything are 2 in 12. I'll take those odds over the lottery any day! On more little hint here, if they EVER ask before they call names "Who just wants to go home" or anything of the sort, you better jump up and say I do as fast as you possibly can. This happened to me once and I was sent home.... with a paycheck.... for doing... that's right...NOTHING.

My personal record for being sent home... paid... without doing anything: 3!

5. Another rule of thumb here is you can only do one focus group every 6 months, whether it is with the same company or not, it doesn't matter. One of the first questions they ask you when your are "qualifying" is " Have you done a focus group in the last 6 months?" or "When is the last time you did a focus group". So again, you can only do one every 6 months.... but here's a tip, they don't communicate with one another, they go by your word, so you better be honest here, because we wouldn't want you to be earning easy money 2 or 3 or more times in a 6 month period now would we?

One last thing, in case for some unknown reason your still procrastinating about signing up, you get free lunch/dinner (in the form of wraps usually) and drinks. What more can you ask for people.

So, I won't badger you any longer, your on your own. I hope you actually go through with it this time. I'm signed up for all of these, but I've placed them in the order of ones I have actually received some sort of communication from and have actually done groups with. Here's the links:

http://boston.craigslist.org/etc/
I frequently reply to ads for companies I have already signed up for on craigslist and it HAS triggered a call from them to qualify me. I think it helps a good deal to check this one out regularly.

http://www.focusonboston.com/database.htm

https://www.focuspointeonline.com/MyFocusGroup/mfg_Login.aspx

https://db1.schlesingerassociates.com/sch2/PreRInternet.jsp?user=usconsumer

http://www.fieldwork.com/Participants.aspx

http://www.cambridgefocus.com/participants/participants.htm

http://www.bostonfocusgroups.com/

http://www.suburbanfocusgroup.com/participants.html

http://www.bernett.com/

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cool, I am going to try this. Thank you Frugal Boston!

Post a Comment

Bookmark and Share